Vegas Fastener manufactures certified quality products using the following specifications:
- ASTM - Originally known as the American Society for Testing and Materials, was formed over a century ago, and is now one of the largest voluntary standards development organizations in the world, and is a trusted source for technical standards for materials, products, systems, and services.
Known for their high technical quality and market relevancy, ASTM International standards have an important role in the information infrastructure that guides design, manufacturing and trade in the global economy.
- AMS - Aerospace Materials Specifications (AMS and metric version MAM)
- ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers is one of the oldest and most respected standards developing organizations (SDO) in the world. It produces and maintains approximately 600 codes and standards, covering a multitude of technical areas including boiler components, elevators, hand tools, fasteners, and machine tools to name just a few.
- FF-S-85 - Federal Specifications for Screws, Cap, Slotted and Hexagon Head
- FF-S-86 - Federal Specifications for Screws, Cap, Socket Head.
- FF-S-92 - Federal Specifications for Machine Screws.
- MIL-S-1222 - Military Specifications for Studs, Bolts, Hex Cap Screws, and Nuts.
- MIL-DTL-1222 - Military Specifications for Studs, Bolts, Screws, and Nuts for Applications Where A High Degree of Reliability is Required.
Certified Quality and Testing
Without Certified Quality Management System you do not have a continuous improving product quality
system to consistently and continuously meet or exceed customer requirements. VFM is certified to ISO
9001: 2008. VFM has been registered by STR-Registrar, LLC, Registration number 09-56938. The
documented VFM Quality Management System includes product inspection verification throughout its
product realization process from receiving, in-process, and final inspection as well as any customer
required first article inspection. Positive Material Identification (PMI) monitoring of raw materials and
final product is performed on all products manufactured.
VFM also certifies its products through its own Testing Laboratory that is compliant to ISO 17025. The
VFM's Test Lab performs Nondestructive Testing (Magnetic Particle & Penetrant), Tensile Testing,
Hardness Testing, Charpy Impact Testing, and Magnetic Permeability Testing. The VFM Testing
Laboratory includes a Calibration Office that calibrates, controls, and provides repair for approximately
2000 gage's and measuring equipment.
All processes under VFM's Quality Management System are monitored and continuously improved to
meet and exceed our customer's and regulatory requirements.
Request a QA Manual